Sunday, April 16, 2006

Meaning

life seems to fly by. im not overly involved or super busy but just the daily grind of life seems to go by so fast. pretty soon it will be my birthday and the year will be half over.

today gave me a chance to stop and think about what matters. having gone to church my whole life it seems like just another easter but to stop and really think about what that means is incredible. Jesus rose from the dead today.

what we celebrate on easter brings meaning to my life. everything i do has an impact. the fulfillment of a promise made hundreds of years before it occurred and which took place thousands of years ago has a huge impact on my life. Jesus Chirst's ultimate sacrifice for MY sins should do more than make me a nice person. i think too often i get caught up living just to get through the grind. christianity is not about just getting by. Jesus did not die for my sins so that i could just slide by. his death brings new meaning to everything i do. those around me should see Christ in me, everything i say, everything i do. do they? do people see Christs love through my life? is that enough?

no, no, no

sad but true. most people would probably say that im a nice guy. thats great but i dont think that Jesus died so i could be a nice guy. i am a pretty quiet person and sometimes its not easy for me to be vocal about what i believe. but im pretty sure it was alot harder what Christ did.

Christ's death and resurrection should not be a golden ticket into heaven but rather a reminder that my life has meaning.

"Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." I John 2:6

2 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for leaving messages of the greatest importance on your blog page. may these messages continue to reflect our Lord and may someone who has never believed, believe b/c of what you share and will share. God can use this!!

 
At 1:51 PM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Andrew said...

You make a lot of good points. Christ was not crucified and raised from the dead just so that we can go to heaven, but so that we can live a new life to the fullest in order to give Him glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home