Saturday, March 17, 2012

What I want

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.

We live in a society built on desire. What is the next greatest thing that I think I need? A newer car? A big TV? A nice looking yard? The best clothes? The coolest gadget? What does wanting those things bring us? Jealousy because I dont have what the next person has? A desire for more stuff?

All of those things are not inherently bad by themselves, its the priority we place on them. God has blessed us with many many things, but they need to be in their order of importance.

Righteousness cannot be something down on the list of things I want. Jesus lets us know where the priority should be. Things we hunger and thirst for are not things with a low priority. If I am hungering and thirsting for righteousness that is pretty high on my priority list.

As a Christian I cannot expect to live a holier life, treat people better, show Christ to others just because I go to church or say I am a Christian. I have to have a DEEP desire for righteousness. And if that is my aim, if that is my goal, Jesus says we will be filled. I have to be intentional in not only how I live and treat people but what drives me inside. Hunger and thirst is not really something that is on the outside but more something inside ourselves.

What will happen if we hunger and thirst for more than the superficial? What if we put a desire for righteousness first?

We will be blessed and we will be filled.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, December 03, 2016, Blogger abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة جلى بلاط بالرياض
فنى سباك بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض

 
At 1:07 AM, December 23, 2016, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.tdsworldwidecourier.com/index.php Tdsworldwidecourier.com is the leading company of #DHL Courier. Flat 40 to 50% Discount on DHL International Courier Service.For Free Pick up call Delhi- 9818093378

 

Post a Comment

<< Home