Sunday, May 14, 2006

Quote of note

my small group/bible study is going through the book Captivating. there was a quote that caught me as particularly meaningful. for me, the quote describes what Christianity would look like lived out:

'To entice, allure, and invite others to Jesus by reflecting his glory in our lives.'(p.141)

i beleive this is at the heart of what it means to live Christianity on a daily basis. the Bible does not list all of the things we should not do but rather what we should do so we can reflect Jesus' glory.

something that has been on my mind lately is friends who are not reflecting the glory of Jesus in their lives. its frustrating to see friends making choices that do not reflect His glory. many questions in my mind: do i say something? or no? are they truly a christian? if not, what do i say to them? who am i to decide if something is right or wrong behavior? is it worse to assume im wrong and say nothing?

my mind is still in turmoil.......

maybe more later
comments welcome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home